The Idaho Asset Building Network is excited to announce our 2016 Legislative Advocacy Days! The event will kick off with an interactive training focused on improving your knowledge of asset-building policies and best practices and expanding your advocacy skills. Then we’ll head to the Capitol for a day of action.
Advocacy expert Marcia Avner will join us for a full agenda with opportunities for everyone to learn and participate, including:
- New State Data: Review the newly released 2016 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard
- Policy Updates: Learn about the Healthy Idaho Plan and other asset-building initiatives
- Asset-Building in Idaho: Program updates from statewide partners
- Training & Tips: Learn how to take action & talk with your elected officials
- Legislative Meetings: Our advocacy experts will help schedule one-on-one visits with your State Legislators
Advocacy Training & Assets & Opportunity Scorecard Release
Monday, January 25, 2016
United Way of Treasure Valley
3100 S. Vista Ave. #100, Boise
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
(Not able to make it in person? Participate via webinar)
Take Action: Day at the Capitol
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Idaho State Capitol
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Open to everyone interested in promoting asset-building practices in Idaho (nonprofits, coalitions, volunteers, individuals, and board members)!